Hey folks! Last night we ran into some really bad lag on the server, to the point that it was mostly unplayable. I was able to verify that the lag was, in fact, coming from the server and not just internet connection issues. Fortunately, SpigotMC has come up with a release for 1.9, and I installed that last evening and it seems to have made a pretty big difference in the performance of the server. That said, I was testing with just two people on the server at the time (instead of the four we had earlier yesterday), so this is something we’ll need to keep an eye on.
If you have any more instances of server lag, PLEASE let me know, so that I can take a look. It is possible that our server host is having issues, so if this change to Spigot doesn’t fix things I’ll open a ticket with their support department.